5 Best Online Selling Platforms In India (2023)
According to a report by Statista, the annual number of online shoppers in India will increase to 425 million in 2027.
Online selling platforms have completely changed how people do business in the digital age. Entrepreneurs and small enterprises are utilizing the enormous potential of online product sales thanks to the ease of online buying and the rising popularity of e-commerce. India offers a lucrative market for online retailers thanks to its large client base. In this blog, we will examine India's top five online selling platforms for 2023, considering their user-friendliness, popularity, fee and features.
1. Amazon is a favorite option for merchants due to its user-friendly interface and dependable payment gateway. Additionally, sellers can store their goods in Amazon's warehouses through the Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) programme, facilitating speedy and effective shipping. Amazon India provides excellent visibility and expansion prospects for merchants due to its vital customer service and wide range of marketing alternatives. On Amazon, along with shipping, storage and other fee, the referral fee varies from 2% to 17% depending on the product category
2. Flipkart provides a user-friendly platform with various features designed specifically for Indian users. Flipkart offers a variety of initiatives and programmes to encourage its sellers to manage their online businesses successfully. Flipkart provides tremendous visibility and a seamless selling experience with its broad selection of product categories and nationwide delivery network. Flipkart has a commission, shipping, collection and fixed fee.
3. Myntra is one of the biggest e-commerce stores in India, a fashion and lifestyle brand. It has a fee-based model where the merchant stores and packs its products, and Myntra then handles the logistics for order fulfilment and return. In a different model, Myntra also allows merchants to store their products in Myntra's warehouse. Myntra offers free-of-cost OMS (order management system.
4. Meesho is a marketplace for resellers; It does not sell directly to customers. Instead, it serves as a platform for resellers to connect with manufacturers and suppliers and sell products via their social media platforms. After registering with Meesho, the reseller gets access to Meesho Supplier Panel to manage the online business. Meesho is designed to enable resellers to sell more using tools like Meesho ads
5. Jooli is relatively new to the Indian marketplace yet features an appealing and straightforward user interface, making browsing simpler using the swipe method. Videos are the future of e-commerce, and Jooli is India's first video shopping app, so if you are a merchant looking for where to start, get your first-movers advantage and get onboard with Jooli. The Jooli app supports video marketing, allowing customers to view the products in 360 degrees. Jooli is free for all retailers/merchants until further notice. 🎉
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity!
Join Jooli as a merchant -
In conclusion: Amazon India, Flipkart, Myntra, Meesho, and Jooli are the five platforms above that stand out for their use, popularity, and features. Before deciding on the best platform for their business, sellers must carefully analyse their target market's needs and the advantages each platform offers.
1. Which platform is best for online selling in India?
- There are several platforms available depending on your requirements. To name a few - Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Meesho, Jooli, Nykaa, etc.
2. What is the number 1 selling platform?
- Your requirements will determine whether the platform is number 1 for you. You can check out all the available platforms to carefully measure which one will be the best for your brand. Some top platforms are Amazon India, Flipkart, Nykaa, Ajio, and Jooli.
3. How can I sell online for free?
- You can sell online for free on WhatsApp, Facebook, Meesho, etc.
4. What is the top online shop?
- Here are some top online shops: eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Meesho, Ajio, Flipkart, and Jooli.